Argonne Guest House
Argonne National Laboratory
9700 S. Cass Avenue-Building 460
Argonne, IL 60439
For reservations, call: 800-632-8990. Please specify that you are a registered attendee for the HTUF 2014 National Meeting. The Argonne Guest House is only available to guests with an Argonne employee sponsor. The HTUF 2014 National Meeting sponsor is Ms. Marcy Rood Werpy, with the Argonne Center for Transportation Research. Please reference Ms. Rood Werpy when speaking with the hotel.
The Guest House has 157 rooms, including 2-bedroom premiere suites with parlors, and 4-bedroom suites with parlors. All suites have kitchenettes. Rates are as low as $75/night.
Along with its convenient location, the Guest House offers:
- Free parking
- Non-smoking rooms
- Facilities for persons with disabilities
- Sundry shop
- On-site exercise facility
- High-speed computer network connections in all rooms (multiple connections in suites and dormitories)
- Cable TV channels, including APS status and Argonne seminars
- Direct free telephone connections to all Argonne telephones
- Guest-use laundry facilities
Taxicabs to Argonne National Laboratory are only allowed to drop off passengers at the front security gates, so we highly recommend that HTUF 2014 attendees use A1 Limousine Service for transportation to/from the airport. A1 drivers have all been pre-approved by the Laboratory, and are allowed to drop passengers directly at the Guest House (approximately 1 mile from the security gates).
A1 Limousine Services
For guests planning on driving to the HTUF 2014 National Meeting, directions and maps to the Laboratory from both Chicago airports can be found here.
These are the two nearby that we are recommending (no discounted rate is available).
Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge
1200 Burr Ridge Pkwy
Burr Ridge, IL
500 Janes Avenue
Bolingbrook, IL 60440
Southwest Airlines®— HTUF 2014 National Meeting Airline
Beginning on July 15, 2014, attendees of HTUF 2014 will receive a discount and bonus Rapid Reward points from Southwest Airlines through our SWABIZ® account. Southwest Airlines is offering a 8% discount off Anytime & Business Select® fares and a 2% discount off select Wanna Get Away® fares for travel to and from the conference. Book your travel between July 15through September 5 to take advantage of the discounted rates. (Discounts are available for travel September 19 through September 26.)
By flying Southwest Airlines, as a CALSTART traveler, you will also receive the following benefits:
· 25% bonus Rapid Reward points for your travel to & from the convention with Rapid Rewards # added to your reservation. To enroll in the Rapid Rewards program, visit www.southwest.com/corporaterapidrewards
· No baggage fees (first two bags)
· No change or cancellation fees
· No peak travel or fuel surcharges
· Consistently ranked the “Best in Customer Service” by DOT
To take advantage of this offer, click here.